Dreaming of your She Shed? I know I am! I wanted to recreate this Potting Shed Stencil by Funky Junk Interiors Stencil Collection
Here’s what you need to get the look:
- Fusion Mineral Paint – your desired paint colours. I used: Chocolate for the base. Picket Fence as the White. Soapstone for the Drop Shadow. Linen as the stencil top color.
- Fresco – for added age and texture. This is a simple to mix in texture paint additive.
- Espresso Wax – optional! Add a little extra grunge into those areas of texture by rubbing in an ageing wax
- Brushes – our flat workshop brushes & our natural bristle brush for stencilling.
- Sanding Pad for Distressing
This Stencil was featured in Somerset Home Magazine. Check out How To Stencil here!
How to Get This Look
Step 1. Stain Board with Chocolate Paint, I added 1 Part water and 1 part paint and stirred.
Let sit for 5 minutes until dry to the touch
Step 2. Mix Fresco 1 Part into Picket Fence 1 Part to create a chunky paint for added texture and age for a rustic farmhouse look.
Let Dry about 15 minutes until dry to the touch. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process.
Step 3. Place Stencil onto the wood and stencil your desired colour, I chose Soapstone a dark soft neutral gray.
With a dry brush stencil your paint into the surface, then lift off when completed.
If you wish to do a drop Shadow, it adds a nice bit of depth. I used Soapstone First ( always use the darker colour and stencil that down first when doing a drop shadow technique).
I then added a layer stencil of Lichen, a soft sage green to get the 3 D effect called drop shadow technique.
I wanted to add extra age to my piece so added another wash of the chocolate and blotted off the excess with a paper towel. You could always use our Espresso wax for the aged rustic look too.
Now its ready to be hung up in my potting shed area.
This one I did is a simple one colour stencil using Soapstone.
The Stencil Collection includes other Garden style stencils as well, and they work so well together for so many different applications.
As a special for following our blog and watching our Hometalk Live- Funky Junk is offering our readers and followers a 10% Discount special for a limited time for these Stencils! Visit her website to browse and use the discount code: HT10PERCENT Click the image below to start shopping!